Order No.: 6ES7223-1BL32-0XB0 6ES72231BL320XB0 SIMATIC S7-1200, Digital I/O SM 1223, 16 DI/16 DO, 16 DI 24 V DC, Sink/Source, 16 DO, transistor 0.5 A6ES72231BL320XB0_datasheet_en
- Digital inputs and outputs as supplement to the integral I/O of the CPUs
- For flexible adaptation of the controller to the relevant task
- For subsequent expansion of the system with additional inputs and outputs
Digital input/output modules permit:
- Connection of the controller to digital signals of the process
- Output of digital signals from the controller to the process
This provides users with the following advantages:
- Optimum adaptation:
With signal modules which can be mixed as desired, users can adapt their controllers exactly to the relevant task. This avoids superfluous investments. Modules with 8, 16, and 32 input/output channels are available.
If the task is expanded subsequently, the controller can be upgraded. Updating of the user program is extremely simple.
The SM 1223 digital input/output signal modules convert:
- the level of the external digital signals from the process into the internal signal level of the S7-1200 controller and
- the internal signal level of the SIMATIC S7-1200 Controller into the external signal level required for the process.