Communications processor CP 1542-5 for connection of SIMATIC S7-1500 to PROFIBUS DP, DPV1 master or DP slave, S7 and PG/OP communication, time-of-day synchronization, diagnostics, reduced quantity structure 6GK75425FX000XE0_datasheet_en
The CP 1542-5 communications processor expands the SIMATIC S7-1500 controller to include a PROFIBUS connection for communication with lower-level PROFIBUS devices in bandwidths from 9.6 kbps to 12 Mbps. This processor allows the implementation of separate PROFIBUS lines, in other words the control of multiple field devices over multiple PROFIBUS segments. The CP 1542-5 handles all communication tasks, thus reducing the CPU load.
- PROFIBUS DP master or DP slave with electrical interface for connecting the SIMATIC S7-1500 to PROFIBUS at up to 12 Mbps (including 45.45 kbps)
- PROFIBUS DP
- PG/OP communication
- Time synchronization
- Simple programming and configuration over PROFIBUS
- Cross-network PG communication using S7 routing
- Module replacement without a PG
- Particularly suitable for closed-loop control tasks thanks to SYNC/FREEZE and constant bus cycle
- Sub-process-oriented design of an automation solution through the use of several CPs
- Universal application of the CP due to the parallel use of different communication services on one CP
PROFIBUS DP configuration for SIMATIC S5/S7 and PG/PC
Application of S7-1500 IO Modul CP 1542-5
The CP 1542-5 is the communications processor of the SIMATIC S7-1500 for the PROFIBUS bus system. It relieves the CPU from communications tasks.
Communications options of the S7-1500 using communication modules:
- As master for PROFIBUS DP according to IEC 61158/EN 50170 (max. 32 DP slaves)
- Communication with programming devices and HMI devices
The number of CPs that can be operated depends on the CPU type and on the communication services used.