SIMATIC S7-1500, TM PTO 4 Interface board for stepper drives 4 Channels Pulse Train output PTO: 24 V, 2 DI, 1 DQ 24VDC per channel 6ES75531AA000AB0_datasheet_en
Application of S7-1500 TM Count 2x24V
In particular, counter modules detect quick signals with high frequencies and return the counter reading and the current speed to the control. The counter control ensures a precise counter result and rapid response in the system via digital input and output signals. Comprehensive parameterization options provide optimum adaptation to the task at hand and reduce control load.
The following counter modules are available:
- TM Count 2x24V:
Fast counter module, 2 channels; counting function up to 200 kHz; hardware and software gate; connection of 24 V encoders; 3 digital inputs (in addition to the counter inputs) and 2 digital outputs per channel; measurement of frequency, speed and time period; storage and comparison functions; 24 V encoder supply; isochronous mode
Application of TM PosInput 2 counting and position detection module
The position detection module TMPosInput 2 is used for counting tasks as well as position detection.
In counting mode, the module detects high-speed signals with high frequencies and forwards the counter reading and the current speed to the control. The counter control ensures a precise counter result and rapid response in the system via digital input and output signals. Comprehensive parameterization options provide optimum adaptation to the task at hand and reduce control load.
For position detection, incremental encoders or SSI absolute encoders can be connected. Absolute encoders offer the advantage that the position of the axis is immediately available after switching on without the need for a reference run.
Application of Time-based IO module TM Timer DIDQ 16x24V
Time-based IO modules read in switching edges at digital inputs with a high time resolution, and supply time information, as well as the status, to the CPU.
For the digital outputs, switching commands with additional time information are transferred from the CPU. The outputs switch at a pre-defined time.
The modules can be used for diverse applications requiring accuracy below the resolution of the PLC or bus cycle. This requires no more than storage of the relevant instructions in the controller.
The following time-based I/O modules are available:
- Timer DIDQ 16x24V
Time-controlled timer module with 8 inputs and 16 outputs, of which up to 16 with time stamp function; counter function up to 50 kHz, oversampling, pulse width modulation;
requires isochronous mode
Application of Interface module for PTO (Pulse Train Output) TM PTO 4
Application of SIWAREX WP521 / WP522 ST
SIWAREX WP521 ST and WP522 ST are the optimum solution for the integration of non-automatic scales, such as platform or hopper scales, into the SIMATIC S7-1500 automation environment. The two modules have the basic weighing functions: zeroing, taring and tare specification. Three limit values can also be freely defined and, if required, also output via the digital outputs. All further available status information can also be flexibly linked to the outputs. The digital inputs can be used for the direct wiring of pushbuttons, for example. Every weighing function (e.g. zeroing) can be freely and flexibly assigned to each input.
Benefits of SIWAREX WP521 / WP522 ST
SIWAREX WP521 ST / WP522 ST offer the following key advantages:
- Uniform design technology and consistent communication in SIMATIC S7-1500
- Uniform configuration with TIA Portal
- Single (WP521 ST) and dual-channel (WP522 ST) variants are available
- Operation possible with or without failed SIMATIC CPU
- Optional direct connection of an operator panel via Ethernet port (Modbus TCP/IP)
- Optional direct connection of a remote display via RS485 interface
- Modbus TCP/IP interface
- Modbus RTU interface
- Three digital inputs and four digital outputs
- Measurement of weight or force with a high resolution of up to ±4 million parts and a measuring rate of 100/120 Hz
- Simple commissioning by means of HMI/CPU or PC software SIWATOOL V7 via the Ethernet interface
- Recovery-point for the simple restoration of all parameters
- Automatic calibration without the need for calibration weights
- Module can be replaced without renewed adjustment of scale
- Automatic impedance monitoring of the connected load cells
- Direct use in hazardous area zone 2
- Up to eight 350-ohm load cells can be connected per channel
- High EMC resistance